Friday, November 18, 2011

Four Life Factors to Live By

I live my life with these four factors in mind to try to make everything much better for me and others, to be the best person I can be. These obviously change over the years as I get older, but right now, these are the best things for me that I try to follow. Maybe they will work for you as well.

1. Be as fit and healthy as you possibly can be.
I consistently try to improve myself physically, and emotionally. I mean I just completed something I've been wanting to do since I was a young teenager - a marathon. Something that was terrifying, enlightening, physically demanding, emotionally demanding, and just downright crazy! I try to keep pushing myself to knew heights, over and over again, knowing that there are no limits to anything I do.

2. Love your wife or husband.
I love my wife more than anything. That's obviously why I asked her to be my wife. I know I'm not the best husband by any means, but at times, I have to show her my compassion. She's the world to me and I'd do anything for her.

3. Spend as much time with your kids as possible.
If there's one thing that upsets me more than anything, it's not getting to my kids "functions". It's so important to me to be there during their performances, sporting events, etc. I am a lucky person to be the owner of a company therefore have the ability to get to leave work when I need to. Even if it's bad for the business. There is NOTHING more important than being there for your kids. I miss out on lots already working long hours, evening hours, and more, so I vowed about a year ago to spend more time with my kids. I try not to take that for granted.

4. Everything you do in life, do it to the best of your ability and beyond.
This part is very hard. For me I find that in some areas of my life this is easy, and some are more difficult than anything. I try to use my strengths and push more with those, and constantly try to push harder on the things I don't do well with. "Don't Settle" is a motto I personally follow. I continuously tell myself that there is more, there is better, so keep working!

BONUS:
This is by fay the most important rule of all that I know is true and that never changes. I know that my number one factor is number one and always will be because without it, numbers two, three, and four can't happen.



Come on in to my fitness center to see if it's for you on a 21-day trial, or schedule a FREE Intro personally with me where we will do a consultation and assessment.


Chad Cannon is the owner of the Shaping Concepts Fitness Training Center in Bluffton, SC.

No comments: