Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Goal Setting

In order to get better at something it is always better to start with goals. That especially goes for health and fitness. So what is the best way to set your fitness goals? 
First you need to break it down a little...
Do you need more energy? Yes or No?
Do you eat breakfast regularly? Yes or No?
Do you eat small meals throughout the day? Yes or No?
Do you need to drop some inches? Yes or No?
Do you have high Cholesterol? Yes or No?
Are your blood sugar levels in the normal range? Yes or No?
Are you happy with the way you look? Yes or No?

You now have most of your goals taken care of based o your answers. However it does go a little more in depth than that. Answer these as well...

Do you like the way you feel after a workout? Yes or No?
What type of fitness or activity do you like doing?
Do you like exercising in groups or alone?
Are you intimidated by certain gyms?
What's the longest time you want to spend exercising each day?

Answering little questions like these pretty much gives you your goals.

You'll have many goals like these...
I need more energy.
I need to start eating breakfast.
I need to improve all my health numbers, cholesterol, blood sugar.
I need to drop lots of inches.

You also will have goals like these...
I love the way I feel after a workout, so I'm going to workout at least 4 times each week. 4 out of 7 days is pretty good.
I like working one on one with a personal training coach so I'll add that into my 4 days somehow.
I only want to spend about 30 minutes working out, so I'll find a trainer that only trains for 30 minutes.
I definitely don't like "meat head " gyms and I don't want "high intense training", so I'll find a trainer to give me general fitness and overall health, but still pushes me to lose inches and helps me eat right.

That's funny, I just wrote this person to like Shaping Concepts. Ha Ha! Honestly, I didn't mean to do that.
So answer these questions and you'll easily  find your goals by the way your answers look.

Email me chad@shapingconcepts.com . I'd love to know what your goals are.


Chad Cannon is the owner of the Shaping Concepts Fitness Training Center in Bluffton, SC.

No comments: