Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Lost My Best Friend

It was a very sad day. I lost a great friend recently. I have known him for many, many years and we have become very close.

He always seemed to drag along with me and my family wherever we went...out to dinner, movies, cookouts, sporting events, even vacations. He was like family to me. Someone that I always confided in. I shared my wonderful stories with him, and drownded him with my sorrows. I have lost my best friend.

It was one of the saddest days of my life.

Now what? What am I going to do without him dragging along everywhere?

Who will I put all my stress on when I need it?

How will I cope without having him around?

It's tough, but I know I can do it! I WILL surge forward with my life and try to make it the best possible life I can without him being around ever again.

Oh, I forgot to tell you who my friend was...

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave that part out.

Who was my best friend in the whole world?
It was...

MY NICELY ROUNDED BELLY! USUALLY FILLED WITH JELLY!


That's correct, I've lost my nicely rounded belly.
I remember the days when we used to sit for hours, watching football and drinking beer, eating fried chicken, and large pizza's. Man oh man, those were the days. How I miss him so!
Well, actually it's kinda nice not feeling like crap anymore. And I never have to stop and rest to wait for him to catch up when we are out and about. Life actually seems a lot easier now without him. I hate to say that about my best friend, but it's true.

I never have to meet him at the doctors office anymore...he used to go with me for support. And I can now do a lot more things with my kids that I never could before, when he always jumped on my back!

I guess things are much better now. Athough I wish he were still around so I could introduce him to my six new friends...I call them "The Six Pack"!

I will miss him very much and remember him always, but love my new friends and hope to meet more soon!

Okay, so this happened to me about 15 years ago, but I thought it was a good story to share with you. It is a true story by the way.

Chad Cannon is a certified personal trainer, fat loss expert, speaker, author, and owner of Shaping Concepts Fitness Training Studio in Bluffton, SC. Learn more about how you can receive a FREE no obligations trial of his Shaping Concepts of Bluffton Fitness Programs and Boot Camps.


No comments: