Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The big question is how many and what type of calories are needed to burn fat, lose weight and lose inches.

How many calories should be put in your body to burn more fat? You need to ask yourself a few questions in order to answer this. How active are you? You can add as much as 500 more calories per day if you are a very active person, or add just a little, maybe an extra 100 calories if you do less than 60 minutes of cardiovascular exercise per week.

It does matter what type of calories you put in as well! You absolutely, no question about it, need to have complex carbohydrates in order to burn fat. I repeat – you need complex carbohydrates in your system in order to burn fat!

The best way to burn fat is to eat a small amount of protein and complex carbs every 3-4 hours. Combining these together will increase your metabolism. Most people will eat about 1500-2000+ calories each day to burn fat calories and start shedding inches and body weight.

I personally eat around 2500-3000 calories every single day because I’m am very, very active, in my jobs, in my home life, (taking care of a 5 year old and a 10 month old-that’s 2000 calories burned right there!) and the exercise and activity I get in for my personal health and enjoyment. For those of you that don’t know what I look like, I’m not a big guy! I’m been eating this way for years and my weight fluctuates each day between 155-165. I am also very, very strong, and am very toned. I basically look like a very mini version of a body builder, and that’s the way I want to look. My body fat is usually a bit under 10% or just over 10%. So I am living proof that the more calories you put in your body – good calories – the faster your metabolism will be which means more fat being burned!

Now you have to make sure before you start shoving in the calories, that you are active enough to burn and use the calories you put in your system. So if you are not very active, and want to burn fat, lose weight and inches, probably stay around the 1500 calories per day range. However, if you are a 6’6 tall guy, and weigh 350+ pounds, guess what? 1500 calories is not going to cut it. You will need more, lots more, because you have to work twice as hard to burn fat. So it depends on your size as well.

I highly encourage all of you to take advantage of my “Nutritional Metabolic Makeover Session” one on one with me, either over the phone – Call TODAY 843.757.8626 or in person – Call TODAY 843.757.8626 and schedule your appointment NOW! It’s one hour of figuring out exactly how many calories you need per day based on your body structure, your weight, your activity levels and more. I’ll spell it out completely for you. It’s ONLY a one time $60 charge! That’s it! $60 and you know what to eat, when to eat, and how much to eat. What else could you ask for? Call TODAY 843.757.8626 to schedule your appointment with me NOW!

No comments: