Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Setting goals NOW before the holidays hit!

Okay, I read a blog from a friend of mine, Scott Colby, also a trainer, and wanted to share it with you. It's about how Thanksgiving is such a bad time for binging, and slowing down your workouts, and so on. Let me explain more...

Thanksgiving is just 2 short months away and is a dangerous time of year as the most people overeat and begin to skip their workouts. So I am challenging you.

I want you to set some performance goals that you want to accomplish by Thanksgiving.
By performance goal, I don’t mean weight loss goal, like lose 20 pounds.
It should be something like doing 50 consecutive push ups.
Stretch your limits a little bit here…

Here are Scott's performance goals that he said he will accomplish by Thanksgiving…

100 consecutive push ups

20 consecutive pull ups

Bear crawl the length of a football field without my knees touching the ground

Run a 6 minute mile.

All of these goals will push him to his limits, epecially the 20 pull ups.
He said he will make a video of himself reaching each goal which will help keep him accountable.
By training to reach these performance goals, he will be developing a better body in the process.
So don’t get hung up on weight loss goals.
Increase your performance and a better body will be the natural result.
So what are your performance goals that you can accomplish by Thanksgiving?

I'm setting my goals!
Thanks Scott!

No comments: