Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What ESPN taught me...


So I was catching up on a little Sports Center over the weekend as I try to do at least once every week to see if any new NFL trades have happened, any new baseball players failed steroid tests, see how Tiger was doing in his comeback, and many other things. I happened to see a poker commercial (only on ESPN!). Even though I can’t stand card games, this particular advertisement caught my attention. It said something like…They all start with the same odds. That got me thinking about the life in weight loss and how, for the most part, we all start with the same odds when it comes to losing weight.

Some people need to lose a lot, some a little. Most people have chosen to eat unhealthy and not exercise, which is why they are in that position in the first place. Most people need to decide one way or the other which path they will continue to go down.

For the most part, everyone that needs to lose weight has gone down the same path, the wrong and unhealthy one for many reasons. But my point is that most people did the same thing. All those people now have the same odds in choosing which path to go down next. I’m not talking about circumstances now. I’m only talking about the odds they have to choose which path to take. Everyone has the same odds. Either choose the same path that got them where they currently are, or, choose the healthier path and make a life changing decision.

We all started out with the same odds. I know which one I chose for myself. Which path will you choose?



Chad Cannon is a certified personal trainer, fat loss expert, speaker, author, and founder of Shaping Concepts Fitness Training Studios. Learn more about how you can receive a FREE no obligations trial of his Shaping Concepts of Bluffton Fitness Programs and Get Sexy Boot Camps.

No comments: